- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
At the awards ceremony of the German Design Club (DDC), Hyperbody was awarded the silver medal for its InteractiveWall in the category 'product' of the 'GUTE GESTALTUNG 11' competition which had 570 entries. The silver DDC Award is a German design award of the highest order.
Since 1989 the DDC Award stands for quality in interdisciplinary design concepts across a range of industries. Based in Germany, the jury committee has launched the DDC Exchange programme to promote excellence in design beyond national frontiers and to reward national as well as international manufacturers and designers. The DDC design competition recognizes exemplary finished works and aspires to play a role in determining the present and future of design itself. DDC focuses on evaluating design in practice, highlighting the best of the best.
The innovative project by Festo, Hyperbody and Burkhardt Leitner constructiv was already nominated for the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany 2011 and received the Good Design Award of the Chicago Althenaeum.