- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
- 24 MarInternational Colloquium: Design-to-Robotic-Production & -Operation (D2RP&O)
- 18 Mar18th of March Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi participate in international symposium Les formes du digital at the Centre Pompidou
March 14th - June 19th Robotic Building team participates in the exhibition Imprimer le monde at the Centre Pompidou
This exhibition is part of the first edition of Mutations/Creations, a new platform for art, science and innovation at the Centre Pompidou, in collaboration with Ircam. Imprimer le Monde will be held from March, 15th 2017 to June, 19th 2017. This show will be an exploration of 3D experiments at their cutting edge, in the fields of art, design and architecture, but also medicine, robotics and industry. The hanging will focus on the works of 40 key artists, designers, architects, and scientists of today.
Curated by Marie-Ange Brayer, chief curator of the Design department, “Imprimer le Monde’ will be organized from March, 15th to June, 19th 2017. The show will be an exploration of cutting edge 3D experiments in the fields of art, design and architecture but also in robotics and industry. Design objects and architectural prototypes will be shown alongside programming software. The exhibition will also propose an archeology of 3D printing, going through the first artists’ 3D experiments in the 1960s.
The work of the following artists, designers and architects is exhibited: Additivism (Morehshin Allahyari et Daniel Rourke) ; Aleksa Studio (Aleksandrina Rizova); Alisa Andrasek (Biothing) ; Aldo Bakker; Mathias Bengtsson; Henriette Bier et Sina Mostafavi; Erwan et Ronan Bouroullec; François Brument et Sonia Laugier, Ammar Eloueini; Thibault Brunet ; Heather Dewey-Hagborg ; Dong Lin et Chi Zhou ; Goliath Dyèvre et Grégory Chatonsky ; Hyun-hwa Cho et Raphaël Thibault; Jean-Baptiste Fastrez ; Laureline Galliot ; Dov Ganchrow et Ami Drach ; Gramazio Kohler Research ; Michael Hansmeyer et Benjamin Dillenburger ; Brian Harms ; Jesse Howard ; Hiroshi Ishii, Lining Yao, Jifei Ou (Tangible Media Group, MIT) ; Joris Laarman ; Achim Menges ; EZCT Architecture & Design Research (Philippe Morel : EZCT/XtreeE ; Felix Agid); nendo (Oki Sato) ; Nervous System (Jessica Rosenkrantz et Jesse Louis-Rosenberg) ; Olga Neuwirth ; Neri Oxman ; Matthew Plummer-Fernandez ; Jon Rafman ; Gilles Retsin et Manuel Jiménez García ; Jenny Sabin ; Neta Soreq ; Studio A2 et New North Press ; Studio Swine (Azusa Murakami et Alexander Groves) ; Skylar Tibbits et Christophe Guberan (Self-assembly Lab, MIT) ; Achraf Touloub ; Unfold (Claire Warnier et Dries Verbruggen) ; University of Tokyo Advanced Design Studies Unit (Yusuke Obuchi, Kengo Kuma, Jun Sato, Kevin Clement, Anders Rod) ; Lilian van Daal ; Olivier Van Herpt ; Dirk Vander Kooij ; Woody Vasulka ; Daniel Widrig ; Hongtao Zhou.