- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
- 24 MarInternational Colloquium: Design-to-Robotic-Production & -Operation (D2RP&O)
- 18 Mar18th of March Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi participate in international symposium Les formes du digital at the Centre Pompidou
Dr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the 2017 eCaaDe conference: Sharing of computable Knowledge, ShoCK!, 20th - 22nd September 2017
Internet of Things, pervasive nets, Knowledge 'on tap', Big Data, Wearable devices and the 'Third wave' of AI are disruptive technologies that are upsetting our globalised world as far as it can be foreseen from now on.
So academicians, professionals, researchers, students, innovation factories... are warmly invited to further shake up and boost our innovative and beloved CAAD world with new ideas, paradigms and points of view.
Will our fine buildings and design traditions survive? Or, will they 'simply' be hybridized and enhanced by methods, techniques and CAAD tools? Obviously computation is needed to match the ever-growing performance requirements, but this is not enough to answer all these questions; we have to deal with the essence of problems: improve design solutions for a better life!
As life is not a matter of single individuals, we need to increase collaboration and to improve knowledge sharing. This means going back to focus on human beings, and involves the humanistic approach, and the long history of design… from handicrafts to thinking to technology... and vice versa.
A large spiral of architectura as eternal as our city.
We look forward to welcoming you!