- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
Kas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
The Body Chair is a radically parameterized design for a family of Made to Measure comfortable lounge chairs. The Body Chair consists of 28 pairs of 56 triangular base components, parametrically designed as to allow for endless geometric variations. The revolutionary asset of the Body Chair is that all constituting components such as the legs, the seating and the back, are all members of one and the same design system, based on one parametric detail.
This user centric Make Your Own shaping process is driven by the web based application at www.byyu.eu, allowing the customers to shape their own personal chair. The customers become co-creators shaping their personal geometry of their personalized chair. From the web based app to the production of the 28 components the design to production process is fully automated.