- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
Kas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
This second discussion explores the potential of digital fabrication to expand the functional scope of building components beyond the structural and the aesthetic. It will map out existing possibilities aswell as those currently being researched in labs, studios and manufacturer workshops; offer perspectives on the merits and limitations of such a development in architecture; and identify clear responses and actions on the part designers, researchers and regulatory bodies.