- 27 AprKas Oosterhuis speaker at Building Dynamics Symposium in Calgary
- 22 AprDr. -Ing. Henriette Bier lectures at the Ethiopian institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development
- 05 MarAlireza Mahdizadeh and Dr. Nimish Biloria publish in the International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments
- 22 Feb Hyperbody. First Decade of Interactive Architecture in The Best Dutch Book Designs 2012
- 01 FebThesis defence: "Towards a methodology for complex adaptive interactive architecture"
- 21 NovRob|Arch 2012 - Conference Robot Workshop Rotterdam @ Hyperbody’s robotics lab
- 19 NovArticle "Interactive morphologies" by Nimish Biloria published in Frontiers of Architectural Research
- 19 NovJournal article "Simply complex, toward a new kind of building" by Kas Oosterhuis in FOAR
- 16 NovKas Oosterhuis keynote speaker at SCALELESSSEAMLESS - International Symposium on integrated planning processes
- 14 Nov McNeel Hackfest in protoSPACE
At the awards ceremony of the German Design Club (DDC), Hyperbody was awarded the silver medal for its InteractiveWall in the category 'product' of the 'GUTE GESTALTUNG 11' competition which had 570 entries. The silver DDC Award is a German design award of the highest order.
Since 1989 the DDC Award stands for quality in interdisciplinary design concepts across a range of industries. Based in Germany, the jury committee has launched the DDC Exchange programme to promote excellence in design beyond national frontiers and to reward national as well as international manufacturers and designers. The DDC design competition recognizes exemplary finished works and aspires to play a role in determining the present and future of design itself. DDC focuses on evaluating design in practice, highlighting the best of the best.
The innovative project by Festo, Hyperbody and Burkhardt Leitner constructiv was already nominated for the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany 2011 and received the Good Design Award of the Chicago Althenaeum.