- 23 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier and PhD cand. Sina Mostafavi speak at symposium on Architectural Ecologies
- 14 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier appointed member of PhD candidates review committee for RCAT at AHO
- 09 AprLecture Kas Oosterhuis at Symposium "Smart City, Smart Environment", Internet Of Things IoT Day Rotterdam
- 05 AprEstablishment of the Sino-Dutch Research Center for Building in Extreme Climates the 27th of March 2014 at Harbin Institute of Technology.
- 04 AprAchilleas Psyllidis and Dr. Nimish Biloria will be presenting at the Research Workshop: Smart Cities and Big Data in Aarhus, Denmark.
- 02 AprProf. Kas Oosterhuis has been invited as a Guest Professor at the Harbin Institute of Technology, P. R. China
- 27 MarProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Harbin, China
- 25 MarProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at the Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- 21 MarJaime del Val, Associacion Transdiciplinar, Reverso lectures at Hyperbody
- 18 MarThe Value of Design 2014 symposium will be led by prof. Kas Oosterhuis
Jia-Rey Chang published a paper "From Interactive to Intra-active Body: New Organic Digital Architecture" in the New Architecture Journal, NO.5: "Digital Techniques and Architectural Evolution"
Founded in 1983, NEW ARCHITECTURE（NA）is an academic publication （bimonthly）sponsored by Huazhong University of Science & Technology. It is the national architectural periodical not only for domestic readers but also for readers overseas. Known as the key periodical in the architectural circles in China, NA has won many times successively of the "Excellent Academic Periodical" in Hubei Province. NA has also won the first prize of the "Second Session National Excellent Periodical" and the prize of the "First Session National Periodical". Furthermore, it is honored as "Hubei Top Double- Ten Periodical". NA has already being an influential periodical in China's architectural circles.
NA is mainly to concentrate the new theories, new works, new technology and new methodology of the architecture, urban planning & environmental design in China and abroad, as well as the new experiment of architectural education reform. The key columns includes: Special Column, Architectural Works, Observation & Study, New Architectural Forum, Foreign Architecture, Architect's File, Architect's Life, New Observation and Architectural Review, etc. It hopes to expound academic thought and stimulate academic atmosphere in terms of different angle. The aim of NA is to be a "Panorama that can bring readers fresh academic air" by intellectual pursuit and creating spirit.
From Interactive to Intra-active Body: New Organic Digital Architecture
Abstract_ In the past few years, interactive architecture has paid attentions on developing interactive building's skins and facades. After Kas Oosterhuis proposed the concept of Hyperbody, the interactive architecture eventually shifted its focus from surface/skin towards intra-body. Based on this idea of architectural body, every technique of digital architecture would be combined into a new generation of organic architecture, which would develop as an organism with the synchronic progress of form, system and function. The "Hypercell" research is based on the intelligent monomer of Hyperbody which is organized by swarm behavior logic. The architecture could be shaped with the requirement of environment and users from self-organization and other developing process, so as to be organic architecture. This paper also proposes the promotion of interactive architecture into a living architecture with self-consciousness and behavior, in order to explore the communication, harmony and balance between intra-active space and human body in the next stage.