- 16 NovHenriette Bier acts as member of the scientific committee of Oxford Journal Interacting with Computers
- 16 NovA. Liu Cheng and H. Bier publish paper on Adaptive Building-Skin Components as Context-Aware Nodes in an Extended Cyber-Physical Network for IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things 2016
- 04 NovTiantian Du and Nimish Biloria hosted the workshop "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics"
- 04 NovHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of IJAC journal
- 18 OctDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member for the CAAD Futures 2017 Conference: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of CAAD Futures 2017: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier certified reviewer of Elsevier's Journal of Materials and Design
- 23 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis speaker at MakeHappen! Inspiration Day 2016
- 16 SepHyperbody graduate students Ralph Cloot and Arwin Hidding in collaboration with Sina Mostafavi and supervised by Kas Oosterhuis design a building for Neurotopia
- 15 SepDr. Nimish Biloria has been appointed as Associate Partner for the LASG (Living Architecture Systems Group), University of Waterloo, Canada
Tiantian Du and Nimish Biloria hosted the workshop "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics"
17th Oct, Tiantian Du lectured "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics" to the MSC 1 students from Hyperbody and MSC 2 students from Harbin Institute of Technology, based on her current Ph.D. Research.
17-21 Oct, Tiantian and Nimish hosted the workshop, with the subject of "Atrium". The students explored the design of atrium, with the method of Performance Driven Design. Different groups tried different variables, which inspired their idea about interactive design.
Transitional space plays an important role in the adjustment of energy distribution in buildings, in particular for the cold region, and the exploration of this space's multi-objective design is necessary. Theory of Architectural Thermodynamics is developed based on the criticism of traditional sustainable building, with the concept of "open system" and "gradient boundary". the combination of transitional space and Architectural Thermodynamic has considerable significance.