- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Out Now! No. 01/2015
Special Issue: info-matter
Nimish Biloria & Matias del Campo
From the introduction:
Contemporary architectural praxis is in a continuous state of transformation. The introduction of sophisticated information technology driven design tools, constantly updating building information modeling protocols, new spatial policy demands coupled together with environmental regulations and cultural dynamics etc. are all open-ended phenomena within which today's architectural constructs have to efficiently perform. This dynamic meta-context brings about with it a vital thrust on developing integrated information driven and materially adaptive design processes for producing multi-performative architectural morphologies. Conceiving the built form as time-based bottom-up formations of interdependent spatial components rather than focusing on the development of a top-down form centered approach thus attains a vital position in the contemporary. Rapid transitions from Computer Aided Design to Computational Design and Simulation in order to absorb, process and understand dynamic meta-context based data sets and their potential to shape architectural matter is thus increasingly gaining prominence.
CONTINUE READING? - Click here to register and download.