- 18 JanHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Facility for Future taking place 18-20 January in 's-Hertogenbosch
- 02 JanJanuary 2nd - January 8th 2017: Dr Nimish Biloria to Lecture and act as External Critique at the Kuwait University.
- 28 DecNext Generation Building issue #3 on Robotic Building edited by Henriette Bier is available now!
- 19 DecDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the EKSIG2017 Conference >> ALIVE. ACTIVE. ADAPTIVE.
- 19 DecDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, SAGE Publishing.
- 16 DecProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at the KIVI event "The Experience of Movement" at Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
- 28 NovRegistration for MSc 2 on Robotic Building starting February 2017 opened just now
- 24 NovDr. Nimish Biloria will deliver a Keynote Lecture and operates as a workshop tutor for the Agile Fab International workshop at UniSA
- 22 NovDr. Nimish Biloria will deliver a Keynote Lecture at University of Technology Sydney, Advanced Construction Research Group
- 17 NovAchilleas Psyllidis is defending his PhD dissertation on November 17, 2016 at 12:30h
Hyperbody's Robotic Building team participates with MSc 2 projects in the D2RP event taking place 2-4 July at V2_
The flexibility and programmability of robots potentially leads to new ways of design thinking and novel methods of making. To imagine and influence the future of the building industry it is crucial to establish immediate links between computational design, aesthetics, virtual interfaces and the highly customized modes of operation and production of architecture.
In this context, the Design to Robotic Production (D2RP) 2015 spring studio of Hyperbody at TU Delft explores and develops novel possibilities of implementation and integration of robotics in architectural design.
D2RP has designed and tested a series of purposeful, performative and informed design-to-production processes through workshops and hard work to eventually realize a one-to-one building prototype.
The work of D2RP will be presented and exhibited at V2_ on from 1 till 4 July. Free entrance!
Opening times and program
2 July: 17.00-21.00
Exhibition open to the public with robot demonstration and lecture
19:00 - 20:00 Lecture Robotic Building by Henriette Bier & Sina Mostafavi
3 July: 17.00-21.00
Exhibition open to the public with robot demonstration, presentations and lecture
17:00-18:00 Hyperbody MSc2 Student Presentations
18:00-19:00 Lecture by Kas Oosterhuis
20:00-21:00 Drinks & Snacks
4 July: 13.00-19.00
Exhibition open to the public with presentations & demonstrations
15:00-15:30 Hyperbody MSc3 & 4 presentations
16:00-16:30 Closing by Hyperbody RB team
Coordinators: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi
Studio Tutors: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi, Ana Maria Anton, Serban Bodea, Matteo Baldassari
Studio Assistants: Marco Galli, Effimia Giannopoulou
MSc2 2015 Students: Apurva Singh, Assaf Barnea, Ralph Cloot, Blanka Omari, Jingxiang Liu, Nan Yang, Rui Jian, Siqi Fan, Sjoerd Poelman, Xihe Tian, Zhan Wang, Liwen Zhang, Zhonglong Ren