- 02 JulRobotically-driven Building initiated by Dr.-Ing. Henriette Bier has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with CITG-TUD, TUE, ONL and Mebin
- 02 JulAchilleas Psyllidis is presenting at the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
- 27 JunFinal presentation: MSc2 Inter-performing environments Design studio
- 12 JunAchilleas Psyllidis is guest lecturer at Second Nature summer school
- 03 JunLecture – Urban Informatics: Promises and Potentials by Achilleas Psyllidis
- 28 MayLecture: Architecture of Change by Branko Kolarevic in protoSPACE
- 28 MayInter-performing environments: update on Hyperbody MSc2 prototypes for the EU culture program Metabody
- 19 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Doctoral defence committee member at Ècole nationale supèrieure d'architecture Paris-Malaquais
- 14 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member at the ICONARCH II, Innovative approaches in Architecture and Planning, Konya, Turkey
- 29 AprAchilleas Psyllidis's paper is accepted for the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
Code, it evokes thought of die hard digital programming, elusive and strictly informative for those who get it. Code now has become a tool being used by a new generation of designers, artists, and architects eager to explore how software can enable innovative ways of generating form and translating ideas.
The DESIGN + CODE conference focuses on the way designers are now reinterpreting the means of code. With three renowned guest speakers we see a world not only driven on code in the digital respect, but essentially explained by it on a much larger and more diverse scale: Visually stimulating and clarifying.
Speakers Nimish Biloria, Lucas van der Velden and Golan Levin share their thoughts on code in design, code as design and what code and design can result in. DESIGN + CODE, both a question and a starting point for what can be when like minds look ahead. The DESIGN + CODE conference offers a glimpse of a possible future look of understanding design, or perhaps a new design altogether.
Presentation Nimish Biloria
Presentation Lucas van der Velden
Presentation Golan Levin
friday OCTOBER 29 14.00h
Lecture by Dr. Nimish Biloria
InfoMatters investigates the inter-relation of Media and Architecture. The presentation exemplifies upon computationally intensive research driven design investigation aimed at spatializing the relationship between digital information and physical matter. Focusing on the development of architectural scale urban inserts, the research work illustrates swarm modeling, parametric design and multi-agent system based design methodologies for understanding and mapping the urban context as a dynamic condition in time emerging from the relational logics between extrinsic and intrinsic contextual parameters.
Nimish Biloria seeks a synergistic merger of the fields of computation, material systems, sensing technologies, environmental dynamics and social demographics. He is an architect and Assisatant Professor at Hyperbody, Faculty of Architecture, TU Delft, The Netherlands. He continues experimenting with the idea of formulating intelligence aided relational networks for the generation of performative morphologies.