- 23 MarLecture "Mapping Web Space & Politics, 1992-2012" by Richard Rogers
- 18 MarInterview Kas Oosterhuis for B-Nieuws #07 'Simply Complex'
- 17 MarKas Oosterhuis keynote speaker at the 361° Conference 2012
- 17 Febpresentation NetworkLAB (by Tomasz Jaskiewicz) at Social Cities of Tomorrow conference
- 05 JanDr. Nimish Biloria gives opening talk for the lecture series on "Architecture as Process"
- 12 DecWorkshop robotic fabrication by Gregory Epps & Daniel Piker
- 24 NovHyperbody invites you to enrol in the MSc Program: Non-Standard and Interactive Architecture
- 21 NovWorkshop robotic fabrication by Wes McGee & Dave Pigram
- 16 Nov2 Hyperbody graduation projects from 9 BK projects selected for Archiprix at national level
- 07 NovJelle Feringa lectures at the Open Thesis Fabrication program @IAAC, Barcelona
Hyperbody's METABODY team exhibits 1:1 real-time interactive installations at the METATOPIA public event taking place 14th - 25th July at Media Lab Prado, Madrid, Spain
The Metatopia event is a public and press event of the INTERNATIONAL METABODY FORUM 2015; European project METABODY.
Metatopia is a metaopera, metaformance, and metagaming platform, a laboratory of perception, embodiment and space that extends in a series of installations / dis-concerts / performances / metaformances / urban interventions and home performances. Metatopia is the architectural, kinetic and perceptual laboratory of the Metabody agents (also called mutant bitches 2.0) who develop dynamic, intra-active spaces, illegible behaviors and unquantifiable affects that exceed reduction to data. Metabody agents are affect-hackers and perception hackers that operate in the ontological substrata of power and control. The 3rd IMF 2015 in Madrid will present an ensemble of performances, installations, (dis-)conerts and metaformances under the name METATOPIA, a metaopera and metagaming platform that will disseminate actions in the urban space while having its main site in the auditorium of Medialab Prado, where it will offer a transformative and intimate experience to the audience across a series of 15 installations-performances, preceded by 9 days of open production process, the Metamedialab.
Hyperbody's METABODY team shall exhibit pro-active architectural robotics driven 1:1 scale interactive installations within this context. The installation pieces have been developed within the MSc2, Spring Studio: IAE (Inter-activating Environments) of Hyperbody. The studio explores, hacks, and generates novel interactive Architecture projects as a strategic medium to enhance non-verbal communication. An inter-disciplinary initiative, the studio under the guidance of the METABODY team operates on a creative blend of Interaction design, new media, embedded sensing, actuation and control systems, programming, robotics and spatial thinking.
14th - 17th July
Inter-disciplinary collaborations to enrich and experiment with prototypes.
METATOPIA Exhibition and Performance
Public presentation and Interview with the Spanish Press
23rd - 25th July
16:30 - 17:30
METATOPIA Guided Public Exhibition and Performance
17:30 - 20:30
METATOPIA Public Exhibition and Performance
Coordinator: Dr. Nimish Biloria
Studio tutors: Dr. Nimish Biloria, Jia Rey Chang, Veronika Laszlo, Pablo Baquero
Students: Calcen Chan, Kubra Yilmaz, Leslie Che, Marek Nosek, Bob Heester, Dimitra Drtsa, Esther Slagter, Marien Teeuw, Alessandro Giacomelli, Yizhe Guo, Xianting Meng, Giulio Mariano, Anisa Nachett
Sponsors: TU Delft, Hyperbody, TU Delft Robotics institute, Ecoboard, Fabrikoos, Contender sail cloth, Smart Textile collaboration: University of Boras, Sweden