- 06 SepInterview Chris Kievid & Jelle Feringa in B-Nieuws #1 on Hyperbody's recent focus on Robotic Fabrication
- 16 AugHyperbody PhD candidate Alireza Hakak won the first prize in an open design competition
- 03 AugHenriette Bier and Christian Friedrich members of the reviewing committee for: Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture
- 30 JulPublication "Architecture as a Multi-Agent System" by Tomasz Jaskiewicz in Volume #28: Internet of Things
- 28 JulInterview Kas Oosterhuis on Process, Timelessness and RealTime in Architecture
- 19 JulPaper presentation Xin Xia at the ENHSA/EAAE Conference - Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture
- 12 JulTEDxDelft will feature Kas Oosterhuis as speaker — Ideas spreading everywhere
- 01 JulURBAN FLUX workshop @ Harbin Institute of Technology : 25th June - 9th July 2011
- 29 JunDr. Henriette Bier will be presenting her paper "Robotic Environments" at ISARC 2011
- 27 JunLecture and paper by Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak and Nimish Biloria @ iVERG Conference
Jia-Rey Chang published a paper "From Interactive to Intra-active Body: New Organic Digital Architecture" in the New Architecture Journal, NO.5: "Digital Techniques and Architectural Evolution"
Founded in 1983, NEW ARCHITECTURE（NA）is an academic publication （bimonthly）sponsored by Huazhong University of Science & Technology. It is the national architectural periodical not only for domestic readers but also for readers overseas. Known as the key periodical in the architectural circles in China, NA has won many times successively of the "Excellent Academic Periodical" in Hubei Province. NA has also won the first prize of the "Second Session National Excellent Periodical" and the prize of the "First Session National Periodical". Furthermore, it is honored as "Hubei Top Double- Ten Periodical". NA has already being an influential periodical in China's architectural circles.
NA is mainly to concentrate the new theories, new works, new technology and new methodology of the architecture, urban planning & environmental design in China and abroad, as well as the new experiment of architectural education reform. The key columns includes: Special Column, Architectural Works, Observation & Study, New Architectural Forum, Foreign Architecture, Architect's File, Architect's Life, New Observation and Architectural Review, etc. It hopes to expound academic thought and stimulate academic atmosphere in terms of different angle. The aim of NA is to be a "Panorama that can bring readers fresh academic air" by intellectual pursuit and creating spirit.
From Interactive to Intra-active Body: New Organic Digital Architecture
Abstract_ In the past few years, interactive architecture has paid attentions on developing interactive building's skins and facades. After Kas Oosterhuis proposed the concept of Hyperbody, the interactive architecture eventually shifted its focus from surface/skin towards intra-body. Based on this idea of architectural body, every technique of digital architecture would be combined into a new generation of organic architecture, which would develop as an organism with the synchronic progress of form, system and function. The "Hypercell" research is based on the intelligent monomer of Hyperbody which is organized by swarm behavior logic. The architecture could be shaped with the requirement of environment and users from self-organization and other developing process, so as to be organic architecture. This paper also proposes the promotion of interactive architecture into a living architecture with self-consciousness and behavior, in order to explore the communication, harmony and balance between intra-active space and human body in the next stage.