- 16 NovKas Oosterhuis keynote speaker at SCALELESSSEAMLESS - International Symposium on integrated planning processes
- 14 Nov McNeel Hackfest in protoSPACE
- 12 OctFabrication Based Design and RhinoVAULT workshop
- 11 OctBook launch presentation: Hyperbody, First Decade of Interactive Architecture
- 30 AugHenriette Bier @ Blankensee-Colloquium 2012 on Neighborhood Technologies
- 29 JunMSc1 reNDSM Design Studio Final Reviews @ NDSM loods
- 23 MayLunch Lecture by ROK partners Silvan Oesterle and Matthias Rippman
- 07 MayLecture: Digital Prototyping by Jeroen van Ameijde
- 07 MayHot-Cold Transition Workshop, protoSPACE, 7th - 12th of May 2012
- 23 AprLecture: Cognition, People and Design
Today is the day The Best Dutch Book Designs of 2012 are being made public.
This year's judges were Ada Lopes Cardozo (formerly teacher at the Hague Royal Academy of Arts), Johan Holterman (production advisor at Graphiques, Nijmegen), Rob van den Nieuwenhuizen (designer at Drawswords, Amsterdam), Marlies Visser (designer at Studio Marlies Visser, Haarlem) and Peter de Winter (publisher at 010 Publishers, Rotterdam).
Out of 305 submissions they chose 33 books to be the Best Dutch Book Designs 2012.
This selection is at the same time the Dutch submission to Best Book Design from all over the World in Leipzig, Germany, the international beauty contest for the book.
Later in the year the Best Dutch Book Designs 2012 will be on show at various venues in the Netherlands and abroad, the exhibition at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam to begin with.
The Best Dutch Book Designs 2012 are made possible due to generous support from paper merchants Antalis (Almere), collective copyright office BNO/Pictoright (Amsterdam) and L. van Heek Textiles (Losser), manufacturer of book binding materials.