- 07 NovThe Interactive Environments Minor presents the interactive 'TouchSpace' installation at TEDxDelft
- 23 OctNimish Biloria and Jia-Rey Chang @ XV OSSA architectural workshop "Fata Morgana"
- 18 OctLectures "Free-form Design by data-driven components" and "Evolutionary Energy Design" by Bernhard Sommer
- 07 OctNew PhD Canditate Sina Mostafavi joined Hyperbody
- 06 OctChristian Friedrich lecture and workshop at Protospace FabLab Utrecht - Immediate Architecture and protoTAG
- 05 OctPublication 'Complex Temporalities of Interactive Architecture' by Christian Friedrich in Infinite Instances: Studies and Images of Time
- 04 OctChristian Friedrich and Vera Laszlo present Hyperbody protoTAG at Innovation Estafette / Open Data Bazaar
- 20 SepAlireza Hakak lectures at eCAADe'11 on "New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity"
- 14 SepHyperbody participates in "The Urban Future is Personal" program at PICNIC festival
- 06 SepNew PhD Candidate Jia-Rey Chang explores the development of "SmartGeometry"
Performance driven design and design information exchange
Establishing a computational design methodology for parametric and performance-driven design of structures via topology optimization for rough structurally informed design models
This paper presents a performance driven computational design methodology through introducing a case on parametric structural design. The paper describes the process of design technology development and frames a design methodology through which engineering, -in this case structural- aspects of architectural design could become more understandable, traceable and implementable by designers for dynamic and valid performance measurements and estimations. The research further embeds and customizes the process of topology optimization for specific design problems, in this case applied to the design of truss structures, for testing how the discretized results of Finite Elements Analysis in topology optimization can become the inputs for designing optimal trussed beams or cantilevers alternatives. The procedures of design information exchange between generative, simulative and evaluative modules for approaching the abovementioned engineering and design deliverables are developed and discussed in this paper.