- 11 NovH. Bier and S. Mostafavi publish journal paper on Data-Driven Architectural Design to Production and Operation in Systema's special issue Architectural Ecologies
- 26 OctRobotic Painting / Machining Emotion project team at Dubai Design Week
- 26 OctJia-Rey Chang published a paper in the New Architecture Journal NO.5: "Digital Techniques and Architectural Evolution"
- 25 OctIn ACADIA 2015 Peer Reviewed Projects, Sina Mostafavi and Henriette Bier published a project on Informed Design to Robotic Production systems.
- 25 OctDr. Nimish Biloria, Jia-Rey Chang and Dieter Vandoren published a paper "Ambiguous Topology" at IEEE VISAP'15 conference, Chicago, USA
- 23 OctHenriette Bier talks at the 3TU symposium Real Additive Manufacturing
- 22 OctNew website "Machining Emotion" is launched by the Robotic Painting project team
- 21 OctAt Dutch Design Week 2015, Sina Mostafavi talks about Creative applications of Design to Robotic Production systems in architectural design and building processes
- 01 OctHyperbody hosts Delft Robotics Institute's monthly RoboCafé on "Pro-active Robotics"
- 25 SepSocialGlass is featured on NRCQ, the leading business news site in the Netherlands
Location: NDSM loods Amsterdam, PickUp Club studio
Date: Friday the 29th of June 2012
Time: 14pm Onwards
Directors: Tomasz Jaskiewicz & Chris Kievid
reNDSM is a project consisting of 14 architectural interventions designed by Hyperbody MSc1 students. Each of those interventions started by identifying qualities and challenges found across the present-day NDSM area, which stem from its unique culture, spatial qualities, relationship to the rest of Amsterdam and its potential to sustainably grow towards a better future. Consequently, the resulting 14 architectural designs present a vision of a bottom-up development of the NDSM approached as a vibrant ecosystem of people, things and spaces, aspiring to show a playful and exciting alternative to a top-down way of planning the future of the area. In this, latest technologies serve an important role, opening up new means of architectural production, inhabitant participation and creation of unprecedented kinds of architecture.
Students will pitch their projects on Friday the 29th of June, 14:00 at NDSM loods, PickUp Club studio. Ca. 1,5h of presentations will be followed by an open discussion on the future of NDSM and on how new ways of building can be of help. Projects will also be published on the website: msc1.hyperbody.nl.