- 23 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier and PhD cand. Sina Mostafavi speak at symposium on Architectural Ecologies
- 14 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier appointed member of PhD candidates review committee for RCAT at AHO
- 09 AprLecture Kas Oosterhuis at Symposium "Smart City, Smart Environment", Internet Of Things IoT Day Rotterdam
- 05 AprEstablishment of the Sino-Dutch Research Center for Building in Extreme Climates the 27th of March 2014 at Harbin Institute of Technology.
- 04 AprAchilleas Psyllidis and Dr. Nimish Biloria will be presenting at the Research Workshop: Smart Cities and Big Data in Aarhus, Denmark.
- 02 AprProf. Kas Oosterhuis has been invited as a Guest Professor at the Harbin Institute of Technology, P. R. China
- 27 MarProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Harbin, China
- 25 MarProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at the Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- 21 MarJaime del Val, Associacion Transdiciplinar, Reverso lectures at Hyperbody
- 18 MarThe Value of Design 2014 symposium will be led by prof. Kas Oosterhuis
Hyperbody's Robotic Building team participates with MSc 2 projects in the D2RP event taking place 2-4 July at V2_
The flexibility and programmability of robots potentially leads to new ways of design thinking and novel methods of making. To imagine and influence the future of the building industry it is crucial to establish immediate links between computational design, aesthetics, virtual interfaces and the highly customized modes of operation and production of architecture.
In this context, the Design to Robotic Production (D2RP) 2015 spring studio of Hyperbody at TU Delft explores and develops novel possibilities of implementation and integration of robotics in architectural design.
D2RP has designed and tested a series of purposeful, performative and informed design-to-production processes through workshops and hard work to eventually realize a one-to-one building prototype.
The work of D2RP will be presented and exhibited at V2_ on from 1 till 4 July. Free entrance!
Opening times and program
2 July: 17.00-21.00
Exhibition open to the public with robot demonstration and lecture
19:00 - 20:00 Lecture Robotic Building by Henriette Bier & Sina Mostafavi
3 July: 17.00-21.00
Exhibition open to the public with robot demonstration, presentations and lecture
17:00-18:00 Hyperbody MSc2 Student Presentations
18:00-19:00 Lecture by Kas Oosterhuis
20:00-21:00 Drinks & Snacks
4 July: 13.00-19.00
Exhibition open to the public with presentations & demonstrations
15:00-15:30 Hyperbody MSc3 & 4 presentations
16:00-16:30 Closing by Hyperbody RB team
Coordinators: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi
Studio Tutors: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi, Ana Maria Anton, Serban Bodea, Matteo Baldassari
Studio Assistants: Marco Galli, Effimia Giannopoulou
MSc2 2015 Students: Apurva Singh, Assaf Barnea, Ralph Cloot, Blanka Omari, Jingxiang Liu, Nan Yang, Rui Jian, Siqi Fan, Sjoerd Poelman, Xihe Tian, Zhan Wang, Liwen Zhang, Zhonglong Ren