- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
- By: Xin Xia
- 4EA cognitive approach, interactive spaces, human, Shared Circuits Model, Embodied, embedded, enactive, extended mind, affective, multi-loop, active perception, experience
Paper presentation Xin Xia at the ENHSA/EAAE Conference - Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture
ENHSA/EAAE Internationa Conference: Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture is organized by the Center for Mediterranean Architecture, Technical University of Crete, Faculty of Architecture, at Chania, Crete, Greece, on 30-31 August 2011.
... Is it possible to find the human being in IT driven architecture? Is it possible to have an adaptive architecture in which the presence of the human being will be more influential and decisive? Can the contemporary technological means assure a value-based responsive architecture? Can we have an architectural production, which will not only reflect some of the abilities, constructions and properties of the alive, but will also be made to be receptive to the senses, the feelings, emotions and sensations of the human being which will inhabit it? Can we use advanced information technology to protect architecture from becoming a consumable, self-complacent object, fascinating for its elementary intelligence, admired for its advanced technical competences, attractive for its formal peculiarity but distant from those who are invited to appropriate it by investing in its spaces and forms feelings, aspirations, cultural attitudes, and values emerging from social life?
The conference will be structured upon the following four main sessions:
Re-thinking a critically responsive architecture.
Re-searching a critically responsive architecture.
Re-scripting and fabricating a critically responsive architecture.
Teaching a critically responsive architecture.
Fewer than 15 papers have been selected for a presentation slot of 20 minutes in a single session. Xin Xia's paper "A 4EA Cognitive Approach for Rethinking the Human in Interactive Spaces" is one of them.