- 29 MayHyperbody's Robotic Building team leads a workshop on Design to Robotic Production for Continuous Variation at InDeSem 15
- 28 MayDr Nimish Biloria speaker at the Delft Data Science Seminar on "Social Data Science for Workforce Management"
- 19 MayHenriette Bier co-tutored graduation project that received 1st prize Archiprix National and 1st prize Archiprix International
- 19 MayHenriette Bier publishes chapter on Digitally-driven Design and Architetcure in Neighborhood Technologies Media and Mathematics of Dynamic Networks
- 18 MayAchilleas Psyllidis's paper accepted for publication and demonstration at the 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2015)
- 18 MayDr. Nimish Biloria lectures at the Architecture Week'15 - Beyond Shape event at the University of Lusofona, Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 MayJia-Rey Chang will deliver a talk in Creative Coding Amsterdam 001 "Inhabitants of the Subterranean"
- 12 AprHenriette Bier presents Robotic Building at TEDxDelft Salon's Crossing Bridges event that deals with the theme The Future
- 09 AprDr. Nimish Biloria invited as Speaker at the worldwide Internet of Things (IoT) event at the V2 Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam
- 09 AprDr. Nimish Biloria to deliver a talk at the The 6th Conference of Urban System and Environment (USE) Joint Research Centre between SCUT and TU Delft
Henriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of CAAD Futures 2017: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
The 17th Conference of CAADFutures (Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures) will be held in Istanbul in 2017 with the theme Future Trajectories of Computations in Design.
The conception of design today becomes more open, communicative and relational. Designers facing this new paradigm are ever active as they focus on the increasing complexity of planning processes, on innovation of new techniques and materials, and on producing multiple levels of abstraction and decomposition rather than on the basic application of a framed profession that is learned. For the designer in the multidisciplinary world of the 21st century, computation provides a powerful medium for the extension of understanding other disciplines.
In accordance with this global change in the field of design, the 17th CAADFutures seeks to establish a foundation for multidisciplinary thinking. The theme calls for relevant ideas from the domains of mathematics, computer science, biology, philosophy, etc. and introduces varying reflections and speculations on the future trajectories of computation in design as well as on the education of designers. In the continued progression of new ways of thinking, establishing such a discourse for the future of computation in design aims not only gathering latest research, design practice and pedagogical results but also to reveal the possible phenomena, factors and forces that will influence these trajectories in design with an exploratory perspective.