- 16 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at Canadian Centre for Architecture [CCA] in Montreal, Canada
- 08 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at ALIVE 2013 event at the ETH Zurich (copy 1)
- 27 AprKas Oosterhuis speaker at Building Dynamics Symposium in Calgary
- 22 AprDr. -Ing. Henriette Bier lectures at the Ethiopian institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development
- 05 MarAlireza Mahdizadeh and Dr. Nimish Biloria publish in the International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments
- 22 Feb Hyperbody. First Decade of Interactive Architecture in The Best Dutch Book Designs 2012
- 01 FebThesis defence: "Towards a methodology for complex adaptive interactive architecture"
- 21 NovRob|Arch 2012 - Conference Robot Workshop Rotterdam @ Hyperbody’s robotics lab
- 19 NovArticle "Interactive morphologies" by Nimish Biloria published in Frontiers of Architectural Research
- 19 NovJournal article "Simply complex, toward a new kind of building" by Kas Oosterhuis in FOAR
Friday January 23, 2015 at 10:00am in protoSPACE
Continuous Variation, M4H is a Vertical Studio where MSc. 1 & MSc. 3 Hyperbody Students worked on the same urban site, MerweVierhavens (M4H), exchanging information and sharing parameters, data and site analysis inside the same framework.
After mapping site conditions, MSc. 1 students created new scenarios for reuse and explored how partial (de)construction and refurbishing can improve the existent SOM Towers. A vertical city was developed around the concepts of public and private gardens that facilitate 24/7 economies, contemporary culture-driven scenarios (nomadic lifestyle), and energy efficient design-to-building and operation systems.
In this context, MSc 1 students developed integrated designs where embedded interactive systems are employed for spatial reconfiguration and climate control, CO2 reduction, distributed and renewable energy production.
Kas Oosterhuis, Henriette Bier, Nimish Biloria, Gijs Joosen, Ana Anton, Alessandro De Santis