- 16 NovHenriette Bier acts as member of the scientific committee of Oxford Journal Interacting with Computers
- 16 NovA. Liu Cheng and H. Bier publish paper on Adaptive Building-Skin Components as Context-Aware Nodes in an Extended Cyber-Physical Network for IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things 2016
- 04 NovTiantian Du and Nimish Biloria hosted the workshop "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics"
- 04 NovHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of IJAC journal
- 18 OctDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member for the CAAD Futures 2017 Conference: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of CAAD Futures 2017: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier certified reviewer of Elsevier's Journal of Materials and Design
- 23 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis speaker at MakeHappen! Inspiration Day 2016
- 16 SepHyperbody graduate students Ralph Cloot and Arwin Hidding in collaboration with Sina Mostafavi and supervised by Kas Oosterhuis design a building for Neurotopia
- 15 SepDr. Nimish Biloria has been appointed as Associate Partner for the LASG (Living Architecture Systems Group), University of Waterloo, Canada
Organized by the independently established Hyperbody chair the new MSc track in Architecture on Non-standard and Interactive Architecture [NS&IA] has been launched in September 2008. The main goal of the program is implementing innovative architecture with state-of-the-art material and information logistics. In this context, Non-standard Architecture (NA) is defined as an architecture that departs from modernist, repetitive, mass-production principles in order to address complexity, variation, and mass-customization. Furthermore, interactivity in architecture (IA) is addressed at the level where building components and buildings become dynamic, acting and reacting in response to environmental and user-specific needs. Students without prior computing and software knowledge may join Hyperbody design studios and workshops that introduce students at MSc1 & MSc2 level to the basics of NS&IA, while advancing at MSc3 & MSc4 level expertise in parametric and scripting-based design for NS&IA. Worldwide renowned guest lecturers and tutors are joining for both theoretically inspiring lectures and practical workshops to be hosted in protoSPACE. Furthermore, Rapid Fabrication and Prototyping sessions held in protoSPACE allow students to build either scaled models or 1:1 components of their projects. Students from all semesters participate in provided vertical-studio activities, allowing for exchange of knowledge and experience between different student groups. Additionally, special shared activities are organized in connection to the newly formulated Interactive Environments Minor, organized in close cooperation with the faculty of Industrial Design.
Enrolment period education
The enrolment period for education of the spring semester of 2010-2011 will run from Monday November 22nd 11.00 am until Friday December 3rd 12.00 pm (midnight). If you want to participate in any education activities next semester, enrolment is compulsory. Be sure to enrol on time, because there is no possibility to enrol afterwards.
The enrolment programme will be available from November 22nd onwards on the BK Student Portal (http://bk.students.tudelft.nl).
Please note that there are admission requirements in the Master program. For more information see: http://www.tudelft.nl/live/pagina.jsp?id=e9390317-e321-4e46-a9de-96c394cee00e&lang=en