- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
Friday January 24, 2014 at 10:00am in protoSPACE (BK building, ground floor).
The 2628 CLIMATOR Design Studio explores the notion of embedded interactive systems employed for spatial reconfiguration and climate control. It focuses on the pressing urgency for dynamic CO2 reduction and renewable energy production, by developing a small-scale urban system, comprising a network of interconnected buildings and open-air public spaces. This network is, further, augmented by a distributed swarm of sensors and actuators that is composed of both technical devices and human agents. In this way, a dynamic sensor web is formulated, driven by a perpetual data interchange between people's preferences and external environmental conditions. The studio utilized advanced data-driven design methods, algorithmic and parametric processes, as well as climate-related technologies.
Achilleas Psyllidis (Course Coordinator)
Dr. Nimish Biloria (Asst. Prof. and Research & Education Manager, Hyperbody, TU Delft)
Dr. Henriette Bier (Asst. Prof. and Research & Education Manager, Hyperbody, TU Delft)