- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
25 June Jia-Rey Chang lectures at Architecture Days Cluj-Napoca 2016 (Zilele Arhitecturii 2016). The lecture is entitled: "From interFACE to interACT"
Architecture Days (Zilele Arhitecturii) is the most significant event organized entirely by students here, in Cluj-Napoca. It is the result of coordinated efforts of students of architecture, urban planning, arts and other related fields throughout Cluj-Napoca.
Our main theme for this year's lectures is 'Creative Research', a domain growing in popularity in Romania nowadays, but never sufficing in information. Our lectures aim to attract the attention of the public towards the knowledge gathered from interesting research projects in order to enrich the cultural and social life of our city. Our desire is to create the opportunity to present creative people and their ideas in an environment of open communication between students, architects, professors, local and international lecturers.
This year the event will take place between the 23rd and 26th of June 2016.
From InterFACE to interACT
The lecture will deliver essential notions of "Interactive Architecture". The contents include a brief introduction, the current architectural developments, the related technologies of Interactive Architecture. As a pioneer experimenting group in Interactive Architecture, the previous and current developing interactive projects of HyperBody Research Group will be mentioned and discussed along with the lecturer's Ph.D. research, the "HyperCell" project. The topic of the lecture will potentially reach to a challenging discussion of the proactiveness of an architecture related to body movement as one of the lecture's latest concern in Interactive Architecture.