- 09 OctAchilleas Psyllidis is giving a Master Class on SmartScapes
- 03 OctDr. Nimish Biloria will Lecture and Publish at the ENHSA Environment conference, Napoli, Italy
- 02 OctKas Oosterhuis speaker at Opening Symposium of Rotterdam BIMt
- 27 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis will give a lecture at the E.N.S. d'Architecture Paris-Malaquais the 27th September at 6.30pm.
- 19 SepSina Mostafavi presents paper at eCAADe 2013 - Performance driven design and design information exchange
- 18 SepPaper presentation Jia-Rey Chang at eCAADe 2013 - HyperMorphology-Experimentations with bio-inspired design processes for adaptive spatial re-use.
- 09 SepDr. Nimish Biloria Lectures at the South China University of Technology
- 31 JulDr. Nimish Biloria Lectures at the MetaBody conference in Madrid, Spain
- 29 JulHenriette Bier speaker at Bridges 2013 in Enschede
- 18 JulMSc2 Hyperbody participates with two 1:1 prototypes RObow-tie and URhouse at Bridges 2013 in Enschede
Monday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
D2RP&O is organised in collaboration with Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) and will involve two workshops organised at TUD and DIA, respectively, at which students from both institution will participate. D2RP focuses on linking design to materialisation by integrating all functionalities (from structural strength, to thermal insulation and climate control) in the design of building components. This is implemented by employing novel multi-performative D2RP strategies. New materials are developed for the robotic production of multi-material building components and novel robotic production and assembly tools are deployed for testing the blueprint of future robotic building. D2RP&O establishes the framework allowing successful implementation of robotic production and operation at building scale. The main consideration is that in architecture and building construction the factory of the future employs building materials and components that can be robotically processed and assembled. D2RP&O processes incorporate material properties in design, control all aspects of the processes numerically, and utilise parametric design principles that can be linked to the robotic production. Virtual modelling and simulation interface the production and real-time operation of physically built space establishing thereby an unprecedented design to production and operation feedback loop.