- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
- By: Xin Xia
- 4EA cognitive approach, interactive spaces, human, Shared Circuits Model, Embodied, embedded, enactive, extended mind, affective, multi-loop, active perception, experience
Paper presentation Xin Xia at the ENHSA/EAAE Conference - Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture
ENHSA/EAAE Internationa Conference: Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture is organized by the Center for Mediterranean Architecture, Technical University of Crete, Faculty of Architecture, at Chania, Crete, Greece, on 30-31 August 2011.
... Is it possible to find the human being in IT driven architecture? Is it possible to have an adaptive architecture in which the presence of the human being will be more influential and decisive? Can the contemporary technological means assure a value-based responsive architecture? Can we have an architectural production, which will not only reflect some of the abilities, constructions and properties of the alive, but will also be made to be receptive to the senses, the feelings, emotions and sensations of the human being which will inhabit it? Can we use advanced information technology to protect architecture from becoming a consumable, self-complacent object, fascinating for its elementary intelligence, admired for its advanced technical competences, attractive for its formal peculiarity but distant from those who are invited to appropriate it by investing in its spaces and forms feelings, aspirations, cultural attitudes, and values emerging from social life?
The conference will be structured upon the following four main sessions:
Re-thinking a critically responsive architecture.
Re-searching a critically responsive architecture.
Re-scripting and fabricating a critically responsive architecture.
Teaching a critically responsive architecture.
Fewer than 15 papers have been selected for a presentation slot of 20 minutes in a single session. Xin Xia's paper "A 4EA Cognitive Approach for Rethinking the Human in Interactive Spaces" is one of them.