- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Dr. Nimish Biloria appointed as board member OCEAN Design Research Association
The OCEAN Design Research Association is a not-for-profit association registered in 2008 in Norway that conducts inter- and transdisciplinary research in design across creative disciplines. OCEAN is registered in the Norwegian Public Registry (www.brreg.no) under the Organisation Number 992 449 705.
OCEAN was initially founded in 1994 as a collaborative and interdisciplinary network focusing on research by design in architecture and urban design. Its scope was expanded in 1995 to include various other creative disciplines. From 1998 to 2008 the network operated as an experimental interdisciplinary design practice under the name OCEAN NORTH. During this period the network developed numerous high-profile projects that feature in the collections of FRAC - Fonds Regional d'Art Contemporain in Orléans, France, and the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress in the United States. Furthermore OCEAN works featured in several times in the Venice and Beijing Architectural Biennales, as well as other high-profile venues.
OCEAN integrates expertise in architecture and urban design, civil and structural engineering, advanced computational design, industrial design, musical composition, and system-thinking. OCEAN members also include master craftsmen with the aim to integrate the vocations in research activities that address entire production chains.
OCEAN members and honorary members are located in Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, England, Estonia, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the USA.
OCEAN collaborates with other research organizations, practices and educational institutions.