- 04 NovParametric Design Workshop on Form and Component at Southeast University of China
- 29 OctLecture Nimish Biloria at Design + Code Conference at the Ducth Design Week
- 27 Oct'Hypnosis' Lecture and workshop by Peter Macapia/labDORA on developing aggregate architectural studies
- 23 OctTomasz Jaskiewicz, PhD candidate of Hyperbody, presents paper at the ACADIA 2010 conference
- 19 OctDr. Ir. J.C. (Hans) Hubers wins best paper award in ASCAAD 2010 conference in Fez, Maroc
- 15 OctHyperbody invited at Architecture Biennale Beijing 2010: Schools Exhibition
- 14 OctMuscle projects and Minor installation - Cloud_4 featured in the main programme of the Lodz Design Festival in Poland
- 07 OctTomasz Jaskiewicz, PhD candidate of Hyperbody, guest critic at IaaC
At IASS2015-Amsterdam, International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures, Robotic Building team of Hyperbody organized Seamless Variation D2RP workshop.
Seamless Variation in Design to Robotic Production Processes
Date and Time: Saturday 15 August 2015, 8h30-17h00 and Sunday 16 August 2015, 8h30-17h00
Location: Conference location, Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ, Amsterdam
Tutors: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi, Ana Maria Anton, Serban Bodea
Introduction of robots in architecture has an impact on process and result as it leads to novel design conceptualisation inspired by these new methods of making. In this context, it is crucial to establish links between computational design, virtual interfaces, and customized robotically supported physical modes of production, which is addressed in the workshop Seamless Variation. The workshop focuses on two types of change and differentiation: On the one hand it introduces seamless change from one robotic mode of production to another and proposes efficient ways of fusing different production methods, and on the other hand it addresses seamless, informed, and differentiated material distribution at different scales implying addition, removal and change of material where needed and as needed.