- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
Facilitated by the extended applications of digital technology in all sectors of production, administration, education and consumption, the contemporary world can be increasingly conceived as a global and systemic environment.
Architecture and the building process are reflecting this new conception of the world by redefining themselves according to new principles and means. The fast development of digital techniques to simulate, represent and generate Architecture promises a continuous design process, including the seamless transfer of information between the involved parties and making performance a key issue in the planning process. In this process, concepts of adaptability, transformability and flexibility are replacing already tested and secure solutions, customization is replacing standardization and metrics, and digital tools are replacing analogue representations.
In these new conditions the scaleless and the seamless appear as the two key pillars of the requested integration in contemporary architectural practice and education. Do the design and planning practices and construction industries respond with digital synergies to these new requests? Can the curricula of architecture schools escape from the dominance of traditional fragmentation within their structure and the organisation of the modules and academic units towards more holistic concepts and workflow? How can the traditionally separate courses offered by departments and modules of architectural education institutions be redefined in order to assure a scale-less and seamless thinking about form, materiality and its social and cultural representations, its environmental aspects and its urban and contextual references?
The msa | muenster school of architecture in collaboration with the European Network of Heads of Schools of Architecture (ENHSA) and the European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE) invite teachers, researchers and practitioners to discuss potentials for the development of more integrated formats of education and practice. The Conference wishes to give an overview of the practical implications of collaborative processes as well as contemporary research in this field. Additionally, the conference will present cases of architectural design, construction and fabrication where information processing with digital tools plays a crucial role in the design process at different scales.
The organisers are inviting architects, teachers and researchers of architecture in Europe to present their views, research outcomes and teaching experiences related to the theme of the Conference. We expect that this event will give us the possibility for a fruitful and creative exchange of experiences, views and practices, which will enrich our teaching and nourish our efforts for a more profound understanding and practice of architecture.