- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
Establishment of the Sino-Dutch Research Center for Building in Extreme Climates the 27th of March 2014 at Harbin Institute of Technology. The agreement was signed by Prof Mei Hongyuan, HIT and Prof Kas Oosterhuis, TU Delft.
The Sino-Dutch Research Center for Building in Extreme Climates (SDRC) is a joint research center initiated by Prof. Hongyuan Mei from the School of Architecture, Harbin Institute of Technology, China and prof. Kas Oosterhuis, faculty of Architecture, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
SDRC aims at forwarding the architecture research in the field of design and building in extreme climate by conducting international research communication and collaboration. By the research strength and research projects of both parties, SDRC focuses the following research topics as its immediate research targets:
- Application of smart building components for building in extreme climate
- Architectural form generation by climate simulation and building optimization with the Íocus of cold regions
- Integrate roof designs and prototyping for extreme climate
- Application of robots in building industry