- 07 NovThe Interactive Environments Minor presents the interactive 'TouchSpace' installation at TEDxDelft
- 23 OctNimish Biloria and Jia-Rey Chang @ XV OSSA architectural workshop "Fata Morgana"
- 18 OctLectures "Free-form Design by data-driven components" and "Evolutionary Energy Design" by Bernhard Sommer
- 07 OctNew PhD Canditate Sina Mostafavi joined Hyperbody
- 06 OctChristian Friedrich lecture and workshop at Protospace FabLab Utrecht - Immediate Architecture and protoTAG
- 05 OctPublication 'Complex Temporalities of Interactive Architecture' by Christian Friedrich in Infinite Instances: Studies and Images of Time
- 04 OctChristian Friedrich and Vera Laszlo present Hyperbody protoTAG at Innovation Estafette / Open Data Bazaar
- 20 SepAlireza Hakak lectures at eCAADe'11 on "New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity"
- 14 SepHyperbody participates in "The Urban Future is Personal" program at PICNIC festival
- 06 SepNew PhD Candidate Jia-Rey Chang explores the development of "SmartGeometry"
At MISBE2011 building professionals, researchers and students meet and discuss on recent developments in building and construction influences and how they alter the roles of the participants and organizations in the building industry.
The international conference Management and Innovation for a Sustainable Built Environment (MISBE) stimulates and facilitates international cooperation and information exchange in building and construction research and innovation and technology development. It is engaged in the scientific, technical, economic and social domains related to building and construction, supporting improvements in the building process and the performance of the built environment.
Management innovation for a sustainable built environment
The main theme of the 2011 conference is Management Innovation for a Sustainable Built Environment. The conference provides a challenging forum and vibrant opportunity for researchers and practitioners to share their research perspectives, research results and experiences on specific new challenges and emerging issues in practice. The conference takes place 20 June 2011 - 23 June 2011, at Beurs van Berlage | Amsterdam
For the Session: Collaboration and integration in design and construction, Dr. Hans Hubers will present his paper "Collaborative Design of Parametric Sustainable Architecture"
Sustainable architecture is complex. Many aspects, differently important to many stakeholders, are to be optimized. BIM should be used for this. Building Information Modelling is a collaborative process where all stakeholders integrate and optimize their information in a digital 3D model. Sometimes it is called Green BIM. But what exactly is that? Is the International Standard Organization IFC standard useful for this? And is it compatible with new developments in parametric design? Based on two years of feasibility studies for his design of one of the first sustainable office designs in the Netherlands, six years of directing the Union of Computer Using Architects, ten years of research and education at Delft University of Technology, where his dissertation was about collaborative architectural design in virtual reality, the author gives his vision on BIM from the point of view of architects. Advantages and disadvantages of BIM are listed. Full parametric design is needed because it keeps the design flexible and open for changes until the end of the design process. However it is not compatible with IFC; only object parametric design is. A possible way out of this paradox could be the use of scripts that only create objects if they are not already in the BIM database and otherwise only adapt their properties. An example of parametric sustainable architectural design explains the mentioned issues.