- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Code, it evokes thought of die hard digital programming, elusive and strictly informative for those who get it. Code now has become a tool being used by a new generation of designers, artists, and architects eager to explore how software can enable innovative ways of generating form and translating ideas.
The DESIGN + CODE conference focuses on the way designers are now reinterpreting the means of code. With three renowned guest speakers we see a world not only driven on code in the digital respect, but essentially explained by it on a much larger and more diverse scale: Visually stimulating and clarifying.
Speakers Nimish Biloria, Lucas van der Velden and Golan Levin share their thoughts on code in design, code as design and what code and design can result in. DESIGN + CODE, both a question and a starting point for what can be when like minds look ahead. The DESIGN + CODE conference offers a glimpse of a possible future look of understanding design, or perhaps a new design altogether.
Presentation Nimish Biloria
Presentation Lucas van der Velden
Presentation Golan Levin
friday OCTOBER 29 14.00h
Lecture by Dr. Nimish Biloria
InfoMatters investigates the inter-relation of Media and Architecture. The presentation exemplifies upon computationally intensive research driven design investigation aimed at spatializing the relationship between digital information and physical matter. Focusing on the development of architectural scale urban inserts, the research work illustrates swarm modeling, parametric design and multi-agent system based design methodologies for understanding and mapping the urban context as a dynamic condition in time emerging from the relational logics between extrinsic and intrinsic contextual parameters.
Nimish Biloria seeks a synergistic merger of the fields of computation, material systems, sensing technologies, environmental dynamics and social demographics. He is an architect and Assisatant Professor at Hyperbody, Faculty of Architecture, TU Delft, The Netherlands. He continues experimenting with the idea of formulating intelligence aided relational networks for the generation of performative morphologies.