- 24 MarInternational Colloquium: Design-to-Robotic-Production & -Operation (D2RP&O)
- 18 Mar18th of March Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi participate in international symposium Les formes du digital at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 MarMarch 14th - June 19th Robotic Building team participates in the exhibition Imprimer le monde at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 Mar14 March 15:00h Lecture by Jose Sanchez: Architecture for the commons
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis holds masterclass The How and Why of Parametric Design on Tuesday 14 March 16.00h during Design Days Dubai 2017
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
- 10 FebDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the 2017 eCaaDe conference: Sharing of computable Knowledge, ShoCK!
- 06 FebFibrous Smart Material Topologies project to be exhibited at BouwBeurs 2017.
- 03 FebFriday 3 February 2017 at 9:45 in protoSPACE: Final Presentation MSc 1 Design Studio: Design-to-Robotic-Production (D2RP) for SMART Student Housing
- 24 JanHenriette Bier acts as reviewer for Elsevier Journal Automation in Construction
Kas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
The Body Chair is a radically parameterized design for a family of Made to Measure comfortable lounge chairs. The Body Chair consists of 28 pairs of 56 triangular base components, parametrically designed as to allow for endless geometric variations. The revolutionary asset of the Body Chair is that all constituting components such as the legs, the seating and the back, are all members of one and the same design system, based on one parametric detail.
This user centric Make Your Own shaping process is driven by the web based application at www.byyu.eu, allowing the customers to shape their own personal chair. The customers become co-creators shaping their personal geometry of their personalized chair. From the web based app to the production of the 28 components the design to production process is fully automated.