- 16 NovKas Oosterhuis keynote speaker at SCALELESSSEAMLESS - International Symposium on integrated planning processes
- 14 Nov McNeel Hackfest in protoSPACE
- 12 OctFabrication Based Design and RhinoVAULT workshop
- 11 OctBook launch presentation: Hyperbody, First Decade of Interactive Architecture
- 30 AugHenriette Bier @ Blankensee-Colloquium 2012 on Neighborhood Technologies
- 29 JunMSc1 reNDSM Design Studio Final Reviews @ NDSM loods
- 23 MayLunch Lecture by ROK partners Silvan Oesterle and Matthias Rippman
- 07 MayLecture: Digital Prototyping by Jeroen van Ameijde
- 07 MayHot-Cold Transition Workshop, protoSPACE, 7th - 12th of May 2012
- 23 AprLecture: Cognition, People and Design
Friday January 23, 2015 at 10:00am in protoSPACE
Continuous Variation, M4H is a Vertical Studio where MSc. 1 & MSc. 3 Hyperbody Students worked on the same urban site, MerweVierhavens (M4H), exchanging information and sharing parameters, data and site analysis inside the same framework.
After mapping site conditions, MSc. 1 students created new scenarios for reuse and explored how partial (de)construction and refurbishing can improve the existent SOM Towers. A vertical city was developed around the concepts of public and private gardens that facilitate 24/7 economies, contemporary culture-driven scenarios (nomadic lifestyle), and energy efficient design-to-building and operation systems.
In this context, MSc 1 students developed integrated designs where embedded interactive systems are employed for spatial reconfiguration and climate control, CO2 reduction, distributed and renewable energy production.
Kas Oosterhuis, Henriette Bier, Nimish Biloria, Gijs Joosen, Ana Anton, Alessandro De Santis