- 24 MarInternational Colloquium: Design-to-Robotic-Production & -Operation (D2RP&O)
- 18 Mar18th of March Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi participate in international symposium Les formes du digital at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 MarMarch 14th - June 19th Robotic Building team participates in the exhibition Imprimer le monde at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 Mar14 March 15:00h Lecture by Jose Sanchez: Architecture for the commons
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis holds masterclass The How and Why of Parametric Design on Tuesday 14 March 16.00h during Design Days Dubai 2017
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
- 10 FebDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the 2017 eCaaDe conference: Sharing of computable Knowledge, ShoCK!
- 06 FebFibrous Smart Material Topologies project to be exhibited at BouwBeurs 2017.
- 03 FebFriday 3 February 2017 at 9:45 in protoSPACE: Final Presentation MSc 1 Design Studio: Design-to-Robotic-Production (D2RP) for SMART Student Housing
- 24 JanHenriette Bier acts as reviewer for Elsevier Journal Automation in Construction
Performance driven design and design information exchange
Establishing a computational design methodology for parametric and performance-driven design of structures via topology optimization for rough structurally informed design models
This paper presents a performance driven computational design methodology through introducing a case on parametric structural design. The paper describes the process of design technology development and frames a design methodology through which engineering, -in this case structural- aspects of architectural design could become more understandable, traceable and implementable by designers for dynamic and valid performance measurements and estimations. The research further embeds and customizes the process of topology optimization for specific design problems, in this case applied to the design of truss structures, for testing how the discretized results of Finite Elements Analysis in topology optimization can become the inputs for designing optimal trussed beams or cantilevers alternatives. The procedures of design information exchange between generative, simulative and evaluative modules for approaching the abovementioned engineering and design deliverables are developed and discussed in this paper.