- 16 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at Canadian Centre for Architecture [CCA] in Montreal, Canada
- 08 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at ALIVE 2013 event at the ETH Zurich (copy 1)
- 27 AprKas Oosterhuis speaker at Building Dynamics Symposium in Calgary
- 22 AprDr. -Ing. Henriette Bier lectures at the Ethiopian institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development
- 05 MarAlireza Mahdizadeh and Dr. Nimish Biloria publish in the International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments
- 22 Feb Hyperbody. First Decade of Interactive Architecture in The Best Dutch Book Designs 2012
- 01 FebThesis defence: "Towards a methodology for complex adaptive interactive architecture"
- 21 NovRob|Arch 2012 - Conference Robot Workshop Rotterdam @ Hyperbody’s robotics lab
- 19 NovArticle "Interactive morphologies" by Nimish Biloria published in Frontiers of Architectural Research
- 19 NovJournal article "Simply complex, toward a new kind of building" by Kas Oosterhuis in FOAR
- By: H. Bier
- Data-driven Design; Generative Systems; Design Information Modeling; Emergent Design Processes
H. Bier and S. Mostafavi publish journal paper on Data-Driven Architectural Design to Production and Operation in Systema's special issue Architectural Ecologies
Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish journal paper on Data-Driven Architectural Design to Production and Operation in Systema's special issue Architectural Ecologies
Data-driven architectural production and operation explored within Hyperbody rely heavily on system thinking implying that all parts of a system are to be understood in relation to each other. These relations are established bi-directionally so that data-driven architecture is not only produced (designed and fabricated) by digital means but also incorporates digital, sensing-actuating mechanisms that enable real-time interaction between (natural or artificial) environments and users. Data-driven architectural production and operation exploit, in this context, the generative potential of process-oriented approaches wherein interactions between (human and non-human) agents and their (virtual and physical) environments have emergent properties that enable proliferation of hybrid architectural systems and ecologies.