- 02 JulRobotically-driven Building initiated by Dr.-Ing. Henriette Bier has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with CITG-TUD, TUE, ONL and Mebin
- 02 JulAchilleas Psyllidis is presenting at the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
- 27 JunFinal presentation: MSc2 Inter-performing environments Design studio
- 12 JunAchilleas Psyllidis is guest lecturer at Second Nature summer school
- 03 JunLecture – Urban Informatics: Promises and Potentials by Achilleas Psyllidis
- 28 MayLecture: Architecture of Change by Branko Kolarevic in protoSPACE
- 28 MayInter-performing environments: update on Hyperbody MSc2 prototypes for the EU culture program Metabody
- 19 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Doctoral defence committee member at Ècole nationale supèrieure d'architecture Paris-Malaquais
- 14 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member at the ICONARCH II, Innovative approaches in Architecture and Planning, Konya, Turkey
- 29 AprAchilleas Psyllidis's paper is accepted for the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
- By: A. Psyllidis
- SocialGlass; Big Urban Data; Social Data; Crowd-sourcing; Crowd-sensing; Urban Informatics; Linked Open Data; Smart Cities; Data Visualization
Achilleas Psyllidis and a group of Researchers from Web Information Systems & Delft Data Science are participating in New Horizons Festival
Achilleas Psyllidis and a group of Researchers from Web Information Systems & Delft Data Science (TU Delft, EWI) are participating in New Horizons Festival
_ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
New Horizons Festival 2014 offers the perfect balance between a festival-feeling and scientific experiments.
New Horizons Festival is part of the European Researchers Night of the EU. The purpose of this night is to make science accessible and attractive to the general public.
This year's event will take place on Friday, September 26 at the Onderwijscentrum Erasmus MC (Entrance Museumpark) in Rotterdam.
Time: 20:00pm - 02:00am
For more info about the Festival visit: http://www.newhorizonsfestival.nl
_THE SocialGlass PROJECT:
Achilleas Psyllidis from Hyperbody (TU Delft, BK) and a group of Researchers from Web Information Systems & Delft Data Science (TU Delft, EWI) are participating in this year's New Horizons Festival with their project SocialGlass: Your City Through the Social Data Lens.
Together, they have developed a demo tool that combines publicly available information together with user-generated data from social media. Big Data stemming from multiple urban domains are fused together in real-time and a variety of meaningful insights about city dynamics is brought to light. The data fusion will take place in front of Festival visitors, who will have the chance to explore, experience and discover unseen aspects of their city. Aspects, that either were impossible to uncover through conventional approaches or would require labor-intensive and time-consuming procedures.
Visitors will also be given the opportunity to report specific problems, relating to the functionality of the city of Rotterdam. In this way, an interactive, crowd-sourced map of geo-referenced problems will be created, along with a geo-database that can immediately be utilized by municipal authorities and policy makers.
Summary of the project:
Therefore, providing more sustainable and resilient urban environments is imperative to the quality of life in current and future cities.
SocialGlass is a tool aimed at enhancing our ability to sense, interpret, and understand city environments. SocialGlass combines publicly available information (e.g. CBS, NDW etc.) together with user-generated data from social media, such as Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, and others.
Thanks to the power of crowd-generated knowledge, SocialGlass can provide you and decision makers with meaningful insights about the dynamics of your city.
Explore the city through the lens of social data!
Discover more on: www.social-glass.org
The SocialGlass Team:
_Dr. Alessandro Bozzon, Assistant Professor (TU Delft, EWI & DDS)
_Dr. Stefano Bocconi, Postdoc Research Fellow (TU Delft, EWI & DDS)
_Achilleas Psyllidis, PhD Researcher (TU Delft, BK)
_Christiaan T. Bolivar, Scientific Developer (TU Delft, EWI)