- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Tiantian Du and Nimish Biloria hosted the workshop "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics"
17th Oct, Tiantian Du lectured "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics" to the MSC 1 students from Hyperbody and MSC 2 students from Harbin Institute of Technology, based on her current Ph.D. Research.
17-21 Oct, Tiantian and Nimish hosted the workshop, with the subject of "Atrium". The students explored the design of atrium, with the method of Performance Driven Design. Different groups tried different variables, which inspired their idea about interactive design.
Transitional space plays an important role in the adjustment of energy distribution in buildings, in particular for the cold region, and the exploration of this space's multi-objective design is necessary. Theory of Architectural Thermodynamics is developed based on the criticism of traditional sustainable building, with the concept of "open system" and "gradient boundary". the combination of transitional space and Architectural Thermodynamic has considerable significance.