- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Sina Mostafavi is an architect. After he got B.Arch from Art University of Tehran, he started to experience architectural design through professional design problems, and in 2007, he was one of the co-founder of "Tracture office" (www.tractureoffice.com) where he was architect and design manager of the design studio. In 2010, he obtained his Master in Architecture from University of Tehran, faculty of Architecture and Urbanism, with his dissertation on "the relationship between Design Devices and Design processes".
He joined Hyperbody in 2011 to focus on his research interests on computational design methodology. His research project is about Performative Morphogenetic Computational Design Methodology or Pattern?Based (Object-Oriented) Morphogenetic Design Methods and Techniques for Performative Design. His objective is to research about optimized information management/modeling systems inspired by morphogenetic processes and fields. As an initial goal, he is trying to explore and study about the capabilities and limitations of BIM for performative design to bridge the gap between Design Information Modeling (DIM) and Building Information Modeling.