- 24 MarInternational Colloquium: Design-to-Robotic-Production & -Operation (D2RP&O)
- 18 Mar18th of March Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi participate in international symposium Les formes du digital at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 MarMarch 14th - June 19th Robotic Building team participates in the exhibition Imprimer le monde at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 Mar14 March 15:00h Lecture by Jose Sanchez: Architecture for the commons
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis holds masterclass The How and Why of Parametric Design on Tuesday 14 March 16.00h during Design Days Dubai 2017
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
- 10 FebDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the 2017 eCaaDe conference: Sharing of computable Knowledge, ShoCK!
- 06 FebFibrous Smart Material Topologies project to be exhibited at BouwBeurs 2017.
- 03 FebFriday 3 February 2017 at 9:45 in protoSPACE: Final Presentation MSc 1 Design Studio: Design-to-Robotic-Production (D2RP) for SMART Student Housing
- 24 JanHenriette Bier acts as reviewer for Elsevier Journal Automation in Construction
Jelle Feringa - Hyperbody TU Delft | EZCT Architecture & Design Research
MSc2 Studio - 1:1 prototype
Fabrication Based Design and RhinoVAULT workshop
The workshop explores the possibilities of combining shell form finding with a fabrication based design detailing approach were explored. The workshop was conducted by Jelle Feringa at the Hyperbody's robotics lab located at the RDM innovation dock in the harbor of Rotterdam. Guest tutors Matthias Rippman and Silvan Oesterle ( ROK-Rippmann Oesterle Knauss / ETH Zurich )in the design of the funicular shape of the prototype which was designed using RhinoVAULT, an interactive structural design tool for compression structures developed by the BLOCK research group at ETH Zurich. Subsequently, 53 unique components were generated using generative design strategies informed by fabrication constraints and construction-aware criteria. All components were later cut from EPS using robotic hot-wire cutting. The finishing was done with fiber glass and acrylic-one to protect the fragile foam. The RDM Vault will host the Robots-in-Architecture workshop, 14- 16th of December, co-taught by Wes McGee & Jelle Feringa.
Hyperbody Msc 2 students:
Monika Augaityte, Suzan Daalmeijer, Lucas ter Hall, Jayson Johnstone, Borys Kozlowski, Anna Marcassoli, Pietro Pizzi, Ioli Plastira, Allesandro Rossi, Mikolaj Schwartz, Bianca Tamasan, Matas Ubarevicius, Paul Van den Hof, Laura Vester, Dezhang Zhou, Manuel Zucchi
Chris Kievid, overseeing the assembly