- 07 NovThe Interactive Environments Minor presents the interactive 'TouchSpace' installation at TEDxDelft
- 23 OctNimish Biloria and Jia-Rey Chang @ XV OSSA architectural workshop "Fata Morgana"
- 18 OctLectures "Free-form Design by data-driven components" and "Evolutionary Energy Design" by Bernhard Sommer
- 07 OctNew PhD Canditate Sina Mostafavi joined Hyperbody
- 06 OctChristian Friedrich lecture and workshop at Protospace FabLab Utrecht - Immediate Architecture and protoTAG
- 05 OctPublication 'Complex Temporalities of Interactive Architecture' by Christian Friedrich in Infinite Instances: Studies and Images of Time
- 04 OctChristian Friedrich and Vera Laszlo present Hyperbody protoTAG at Innovation Estafette / Open Data Bazaar
- 20 SepAlireza Hakak lectures at eCAADe'11 on "New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity"
- 14 SepHyperbody participates in "The Urban Future is Personal" program at PICNIC festival
- 06 SepNew PhD Candidate Jia-Rey Chang explores the development of "SmartGeometry"
Hyperbody's Robotic Building team leads a workshop on Design to Robotic Production for Continuous Variation at InDeSem 15
With the theme 're.craft' InDeSem 15 will discuss and reflect on the way emerging technologies may have an impact on the architectural practice. This week will give a critical reflection on the available tools, technologies and materials. During the InDeSem week the 'orange hall' at the faculty of Architecture and the Built environment will be transformed into an enormous Fablab in which students will have the access to a great variety of new crafting techniques, such as PLA 3D printers, robotic arms, DLP printers and more.
The workshop focuses on applying design-to-robotic-production (D2RP) methods developed by the RB team to the design of an urban interface between the water and the building on the assigned site (Fenix Dock). Programmatic use of the urban interface will be defined in relationship to local urban analysis, global societal challenges, and D2P constraints with the aim to explore hybridity, variation, and componentiality at different scales, ranging from micro levels, as material systems, to macro levels as spatial and architectural configurations.
coordinators: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi
workshop tutors: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi, Ana Anton, Serban Bodea, Matteo Baldassari
workshop assistants: Marco Gali, Jeroen van Lith, Mohammad Jooshesh, Vasiliki Koliaki and MSc2 D2RP students
The workshop is supported by the Robotic Building group with one KUKA robot and by ABB and KUKA with two additional robots.