- 04 NovParametric Design Workshop on Form and Component at Southeast University of China
- 29 OctLecture Nimish Biloria at Design + Code Conference at the Ducth Design Week
- 27 Oct'Hypnosis' Lecture and workshop by Peter Macapia/labDORA on developing aggregate architectural studies
- 23 OctTomasz Jaskiewicz, PhD candidate of Hyperbody, presents paper at the ACADIA 2010 conference
- 19 OctDr. Ir. J.C. (Hans) Hubers wins best paper award in ASCAAD 2010 conference in Fez, Maroc
- 15 OctHyperbody invited at Architecture Biennale Beijing 2010: Schools Exhibition
- 14 OctMuscle projects and Minor installation - Cloud_4 featured in the main programme of the Lodz Design Festival in Poland
- 07 OctTomasz Jaskiewicz, PhD candidate of Hyperbody, guest critic at IaaC
Ultra Bio refers to the science and technology behind the creative exploration of the microscopic and the ultra-connectivity of the electronic age. It describes the singular voice assimilated within the cloud of ideas, references and the magnitude of diverse connections.
HyperCell- A bio-inspired evolutionary architectural component for real-time spatial adaptation
HyperCell outlines a bio-inspired evolutionary design process with a primary focus on cellular differentiation, adaptation and self-organization via collective decision-making processes. The research thus has its roots in the science of Evolutionary Developmental Biology (Evo-Devo), Embryology and Cellular Biology, Cellular Behavior which exemplify various stages of embryonic growth, cellular behavior and development cycles of an organism. In the HyperCell research, genetic sequences are considered as sets of locally coded relational associations between multiple factors such as the amount of components, material based constraints, and geometric adaptation/degrees of freedom based adaptation abilities etc, which are embedded autonomously within each HyperCell component. Collective intelligence driven decision-making processes are intrinsic to the HypeCell logic for intelligently operating with autonomous componential systems (akin to swarm systems). This subsequently results in user and activity centric global morphology generation in real-time. Practically, the Hyper-Morphology research focuses on a 24/7 economy loop wherein real-time adaptive spatial usage interfaces with contemporary culture of flexible living within spatial constraints in a rapidly urbanizing world.