- 29 MayHyperbody's Robotic Building team leads a workshop on Design to Robotic Production for Continuous Variation at InDeSem 15
- 28 MayDr Nimish Biloria speaker at the Delft Data Science Seminar on "Social Data Science for Workforce Management"
- 19 MayHenriette Bier co-tutored graduation project that received 1st prize Archiprix National and 1st prize Archiprix International
- 19 MayHenriette Bier publishes chapter on Digitally-driven Design and Architetcure in Neighborhood Technologies Media and Mathematics of Dynamic Networks
- 18 MayAchilleas Psyllidis's paper accepted for publication and demonstration at the 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2015)
- 18 MayDr. Nimish Biloria lectures at the Architecture Week'15 - Beyond Shape event at the University of Lusofona, Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 MayJia-Rey Chang will deliver a talk in Creative Coding Amsterdam 001 "Inhabitants of the Subterranean"
- 12 AprHenriette Bier presents Robotic Building at TEDxDelft Salon's Crossing Bridges event that deals with the theme The Future
- 09 AprDr. Nimish Biloria invited as Speaker at the worldwide Internet of Things (IoT) event at the V2 Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam
- 09 AprDr. Nimish Biloria to deliver a talk at the The 6th Conference of Urban System and Environment (USE) Joint Research Centre between SCUT and TU Delft
Kas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
The Body Chair is a radically parameterized design for a family of Made to Measure comfortable lounge chairs. The Body Chair consists of 28 pairs of 56 triangular base components, parametrically designed as to allow for endless geometric variations. The revolutionary asset of the Body Chair is that all constituting components such as the legs, the seating and the back, are all members of one and the same design system, based on one parametric detail.
This user centric Make Your Own shaping process is driven by the web based application at www.byyu.eu, allowing the customers to shape their own personal chair. The customers become co-creators shaping their personal geometry of their personalized chair. From the web based app to the production of the 28 components the design to production process is fully automated.