- 20 MayHyperbody designs a SynSerre (Synergetic Greenhouse)
- 19 MayBook Launch event iA#4
- 13 MayINDESEM'11: Lecture by Kas Oosterhuis, and 4 Workshops by lead by Hyperbody researchers
- 28 AprArchitects Talk: Kas Oosterhuis & Tomasz Jaskiewicz - Forward to Basics_(In)formed Complexity
- 13 AprBook review "Toward a New Kind of Building" on ArchiNed by Piet Vollaard
- 09 AprTomasz Jaskiewicz participates in Expert Meeting "The Vibrancy Effect" at V2_
- 08 AprHyperbody releases the fourth issue of the iA bookzine series; iA#4: Quantum Architecture
- 06 AprAn interview with Kas Oosterhuis by Martin Pot
- 05 ApriWEB will be transformed to become a living lab for climate research and sustainable solutions of the DUT.
- 04 AprImmediate Architecture - Christian Friedrich gives lecture at ENSA Paris-Malaquais
Dr. Nimish Biloria lectures at the Architecture Week'15 - Beyond Shape event at the University of Lusofona, Lisbon, Portugal
Lecture Title: InfoMatter
The Info-Matter lecture elaborates upon the intricate relationship between Information and Material systems within the domain of Architectural design. Living/Dynamic architecture (Real-time interactive) and bottom-up Bio-Inspired Computational Design strategies resulting in generative spatial formation shall be specifically elaborated upon in the lecture. Computational techniques ranging from Swarm computing, Multi-agent systems, Genetic Algorithms, Sensing, Actuation and Control systems as well as Engineered Material Systems shall be highlighted in the lecture. Living Machines, in the case of this lecture shall thus acquire a spatial dimension wherein biotic principles such as emergence, information regulation, adaptation, self-similarity, bio-mechanics and morphogenetic make-up are extrapolated and applied to create performance driven novel spatial solutions.