- 11 NovH. Bier and S. Mostafavi publish journal paper on Data-Driven Architectural Design to Production and Operation in Systema's special issue Architectural Ecologies
- 26 OctRobotic Painting / Machining Emotion project team at Dubai Design Week
- 26 OctJia-Rey Chang published a paper in the New Architecture Journal NO.5: "Digital Techniques and Architectural Evolution"
- 25 OctIn ACADIA 2015 Peer Reviewed Projects, Sina Mostafavi and Henriette Bier published a project on Informed Design to Robotic Production systems.
- 25 OctDr. Nimish Biloria, Jia-Rey Chang and Dieter Vandoren published a paper "Ambiguous Topology" at IEEE VISAP'15 conference, Chicago, USA
- 23 OctHenriette Bier talks at the 3TU symposium Real Additive Manufacturing
- 22 OctNew website "Machining Emotion" is launched by the Robotic Painting project team
- 21 OctAt Dutch Design Week 2015, Sina Mostafavi talks about Creative applications of Design to Robotic Production systems in architectural design and building processes
- 01 OctHyperbody hosts Delft Robotics Institute's monthly RoboCafé on "Pro-active Robotics"
- 25 SepSocialGlass is featured on NRCQ, the leading business news site in the Netherlands
- By: A. Psyllidis
- SocialGlass; Big Urban Data; Social Data; Crowd-sourcing; Crowd-sensing; Urban Informatics; Linked Open Data; Smart Cities; Data Visualization
Achilleas Psyllidis and a group of Researchers from Web Information Systems & Delft Data Science are participating in New Horizons Festival
Achilleas Psyllidis and a group of Researchers from Web Information Systems & Delft Data Science (TU Delft, EWI) are participating in New Horizons Festival
_ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
New Horizons Festival 2014 offers the perfect balance between a festival-feeling and scientific experiments.
New Horizons Festival is part of the European Researchers Night of the EU. The purpose of this night is to make science accessible and attractive to the general public.
This year's event will take place on Friday, September 26 at the Onderwijscentrum Erasmus MC (Entrance Museumpark) in Rotterdam.
Time: 20:00pm - 02:00am
For more info about the Festival visit: http://www.newhorizonsfestival.nl
_THE SocialGlass PROJECT:
Achilleas Psyllidis from Hyperbody (TU Delft, BK) and a group of Researchers from Web Information Systems & Delft Data Science (TU Delft, EWI) are participating in this year's New Horizons Festival with their project SocialGlass: Your City Through the Social Data Lens.
Together, they have developed a demo tool that combines publicly available information together with user-generated data from social media. Big Data stemming from multiple urban domains are fused together in real-time and a variety of meaningful insights about city dynamics is brought to light. The data fusion will take place in front of Festival visitors, who will have the chance to explore, experience and discover unseen aspects of their city. Aspects, that either were impossible to uncover through conventional approaches or would require labor-intensive and time-consuming procedures.
Visitors will also be given the opportunity to report specific problems, relating to the functionality of the city of Rotterdam. In this way, an interactive, crowd-sourced map of geo-referenced problems will be created, along with a geo-database that can immediately be utilized by municipal authorities and policy makers.
Summary of the project:
Therefore, providing more sustainable and resilient urban environments is imperative to the quality of life in current and future cities.
SocialGlass is a tool aimed at enhancing our ability to sense, interpret, and understand city environments. SocialGlass combines publicly available information (e.g. CBS, NDW etc.) together with user-generated data from social media, such as Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, and others.
Thanks to the power of crowd-generated knowledge, SocialGlass can provide you and decision makers with meaningful insights about the dynamics of your city.
Explore the city through the lens of social data!
Discover more on: www.social-glass.org
The SocialGlass Team:
_Dr. Alessandro Bozzon, Assistant Professor (TU Delft, EWI & DDS)
_Dr. Stefano Bocconi, Postdoc Research Fellow (TU Delft, EWI & DDS)
_Achilleas Psyllidis, PhD Researcher (TU Delft, BK)
_Christiaan T. Bolivar, Scientific Developer (TU Delft, EWI)