- 21 SepAGILE FAB, Busting the last ghosts of modernism - Hyperbody organizes an international workshop taking place from 21-25 September 2015
- 16 SepThe Robotic Building Team of Hyperbody published a paper on "Design to Robotic Production System for Informed Material Deposition" @ eCAADe 2015
- 07 SepSocialGlass was the official real-time crowd-management platform for SAIL 2015
- 02 SepInteractive Architecture for Delft, lecture and debate by prof. Kas Oosterhuis @ Beta Balie Delft
- 02 SepDr. Nimish Biloria, in an interview with B Nieuws explains the intent and the novelty of the EU Culture project METABODY
- 24 AugSeamless Variation in Design to Robotic Production Processes
- 28 JulDr Nimish Biloria speaker at the Living Machines conference on Biomimetic and Biohybrid Systems, 28-31 July 2015, Barcelona, Spain
- 27 JulJia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
- 14 JulHyperbody's METABODY team exhibits 1:1 real-time interactive installations at the METATOPIA public event taking place 14th - 25th July at Media Lab Prado, Madrid, Spain
- 09 JulAchilleas Psyllidis gives 2 presentations at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for the purpose of CUPUM 2015
- By: H. Bier
- Data-driven Design; Generative Systems; Design Information Modeling; Emergent Design Processes
H. Bier and S. Mostafavi publish journal paper on Data-Driven Architectural Design to Production and Operation in Systema's special issue Architectural Ecologies
Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish journal paper on Data-Driven Architectural Design to Production and Operation in Systema's special issue Architectural Ecologies
Data-driven architectural production and operation explored within Hyperbody rely heavily on system thinking implying that all parts of a system are to be understood in relation to each other. These relations are established bi-directionally so that data-driven architecture is not only produced (designed and fabricated) by digital means but also incorporates digital, sensing-actuating mechanisms that enable real-time interaction between (natural or artificial) environments and users. Data-driven architectural production and operation exploit, in this context, the generative potential of process-oriented approaches wherein interactions between (human and non-human) agents and their (virtual and physical) environments have emergent properties that enable proliferation of hybrid architectural systems and ecologies.