- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
At MISBE2011 building professionals, researchers and students meet and discuss on recent developments in building and construction influences and how they alter the roles of the participants and organizations in the building industry.
The international conference Management and Innovation for a Sustainable Built Environment (MISBE) stimulates and facilitates international cooperation and information exchange in building and construction research and innovation and technology development. It is engaged in the scientific, technical, economic and social domains related to building and construction, supporting improvements in the building process and the performance of the built environment.
Management innovation for a sustainable built environment
The main theme of the 2011 conference is Management Innovation for a Sustainable Built Environment. The conference provides a challenging forum and vibrant opportunity for researchers and practitioners to share their research perspectives, research results and experiences on specific new challenges and emerging issues in practice. The conference takes place 20 June 2011 - 23 June 2011, at Beurs van Berlage | Amsterdam
For the Session: Collaboration and integration in design and construction, Dr. Hans Hubers will present his paper "Collaborative Design of Parametric Sustainable Architecture"
Sustainable architecture is complex. Many aspects, differently important to many stakeholders, are to be optimized. BIM should be used for this. Building Information Modelling is a collaborative process where all stakeholders integrate and optimize their information in a digital 3D model. Sometimes it is called Green BIM. But what exactly is that? Is the International Standard Organization IFC standard useful for this? And is it compatible with new developments in parametric design? Based on two years of feasibility studies for his design of one of the first sustainable office designs in the Netherlands, six years of directing the Union of Computer Using Architects, ten years of research and education at Delft University of Technology, where his dissertation was about collaborative architectural design in virtual reality, the author gives his vision on BIM from the point of view of architects. Advantages and disadvantages of BIM are listed. Full parametric design is needed because it keeps the design flexible and open for changes until the end of the design process. However it is not compatible with IFC; only object parametric design is. A possible way out of this paradox could be the use of scripts that only create objects if they are not already in the BIM database and otherwise only adapt their properties. An example of parametric sustainable architectural design explains the mentioned issues.