- 23 MarLecture "Mapping Web Space & Politics, 1992-2012" by Richard Rogers
- 18 MarInterview Kas Oosterhuis for B-Nieuws #07 'Simply Complex'
- 17 MarKas Oosterhuis keynote speaker at the 361° Conference 2012
- 17 Febpresentation NetworkLAB (by Tomasz Jaskiewicz) at Social Cities of Tomorrow conference
- 05 JanDr. Nimish Biloria gives opening talk for the lecture series on "Architecture as Process"
- 12 DecWorkshop robotic fabrication by Gregory Epps & Daniel Piker
- 24 NovHyperbody invites you to enrol in the MSc Program: Non-Standard and Interactive Architecture
- 21 NovWorkshop robotic fabrication by Wes McGee & Dave Pigram
- 16 Nov2 Hyperbody graduation projects from 9 BK projects selected for Archiprix at national level
- 07 NovJelle Feringa lectures at the Open Thesis Fabrication program @IAAC, Barcelona
Prof. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
June 15th, 2017 - 13:45 @ Protospace, TUD
The talk will focus on two correlated themes: Embedded Architectures and Information-based design. The former constitutes an attempt to intensely integrate architectures with their specific setting, while the latter focuses on design method and chiefly concerns integrative computational design based on data-collection and the upgrading of data into information, data-visualization, and data-processing. The research will be exemplified by works undertaken at the Research Center for Architecture and Tectonics and the Advanced Computational Design Laboratory at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design.
Prof. Dr. Michael U. Hensel is a practicing architect, researcher, educator and writer. His current work focuses on three themes: [i] Performance-oriented Architectures (New Environments and Embedded Architectures), [ii] Integrative Information-based Design, and [iii] interdisciplinary and practice-oriented integrated research and teaching in architecture. He is professor and director of the Research Centre for Architecture and Tectonics at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design, as well as founding and acting chairman of the OCEAN Design Research Association.