- 24 MayProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Polypodium (Beirut Design Week)
- 07 MayDr. Nimish Biloria to serve as a Panelist at the Trans-Arch-Edu-03, Izmir, Turkey
- 20 AprDr Nimish Biloria and PhD candidate Jia Rey Chang publish paper on Swarm Scapes in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- 20 AprAlex Liu Cheng and Henriette Bier publish paper on An Extended Ambient Intelligence Implementation for Enhanced Human-Space Interaction
- 20 AprTextrinium exhibited at Center for European Textile Innovation (CETI)
- 18 AprDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as the Scientific Committee member for the ACADIA 2016-Posthuman Frontiers conference, USA.
- 13 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier and PhD-cand. Sina Mostafavi speak at 3rd Digital Knowledge Study Day addressing the question Robots and/or Architecture?
- 14 MarSina Mostafavi and Henriette Bier publish paper on D2RP in Springer's Rob|Arch 2016.
- 17 Feb Prof. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at The Royal Flemmish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts on Wednesday 17th February at 14:30
- 01 Feb1-3 February Henriette Bier is distinguished visiting scientist in Digital Ecologies at IMSE
Dr. Nimish Biloria appointed as board member OCEAN Design Research Association
The OCEAN Design Research Association is a not-for-profit association registered in 2008 in Norway that conducts inter- and transdisciplinary research in design across creative disciplines. OCEAN is registered in the Norwegian Public Registry (www.brreg.no) under the Organisation Number 992 449 705.
OCEAN was initially founded in 1994 as a collaborative and interdisciplinary network focusing on research by design in architecture and urban design. Its scope was expanded in 1995 to include various other creative disciplines. From 1998 to 2008 the network operated as an experimental interdisciplinary design practice under the name OCEAN NORTH. During this period the network developed numerous high-profile projects that feature in the collections of FRAC - Fonds Regional d'Art Contemporain in Orléans, France, and the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress in the United States. Furthermore OCEAN works featured in several times in the Venice and Beijing Architectural Biennales, as well as other high-profile venues.
OCEAN integrates expertise in architecture and urban design, civil and structural engineering, advanced computational design, industrial design, musical composition, and system-thinking. OCEAN members also include master craftsmen with the aim to integrate the vocations in research activities that address entire production chains.
OCEAN members and honorary members are located in Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, England, Estonia, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the USA.
OCEAN collaborates with other research organizations, practices and educational institutions.