- 16 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at Canadian Centre for Architecture [CCA] in Montreal, Canada
- 08 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at ALIVE 2013 event at the ETH Zurich (copy 1)
- 27 AprKas Oosterhuis speaker at Building Dynamics Symposium in Calgary
- 22 AprDr. -Ing. Henriette Bier lectures at the Ethiopian institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development
- 05 MarAlireza Mahdizadeh and Dr. Nimish Biloria publish in the International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments
- 22 Feb Hyperbody. First Decade of Interactive Architecture in The Best Dutch Book Designs 2012
- 01 FebThesis defence: "Towards a methodology for complex adaptive interactive architecture"
- 21 NovRob|Arch 2012 - Conference Robot Workshop Rotterdam @ Hyperbody’s robotics lab
- 19 NovArticle "Interactive morphologies" by Nimish Biloria published in Frontiers of Architectural Research
- 19 NovJournal article "Simply complex, toward a new kind of building" by Kas Oosterhuis in FOAR
Hyperbody's Robotic Building team leads a workshop on Design to Robotic Production for Continuous Variation at InDeSem 15
With the theme 're.craft' InDeSem 15 will discuss and reflect on the way emerging technologies may have an impact on the architectural practice. This week will give a critical reflection on the available tools, technologies and materials. During the InDeSem week the 'orange hall' at the faculty of Architecture and the Built environment will be transformed into an enormous Fablab in which students will have the access to a great variety of new crafting techniques, such as PLA 3D printers, robotic arms, DLP printers and more.
The workshop focuses on applying design-to-robotic-production (D2RP) methods developed by the RB team to the design of an urban interface between the water and the building on the assigned site (Fenix Dock). Programmatic use of the urban interface will be defined in relationship to local urban analysis, global societal challenges, and D2P constraints with the aim to explore hybridity, variation, and componentiality at different scales, ranging from micro levels, as material systems, to macro levels as spatial and architectural configurations.
coordinators: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi
workshop tutors: Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi, Ana Anton, Serban Bodea, Matteo Baldassari
workshop assistants: Marco Gali, Jeroen van Lith, Mohammad Jooshesh, Vasiliki Koliaki and MSc2 D2RP students
The workshop is supported by the Robotic Building group with one KUKA robot and by ABB and KUKA with two additional robots.