- 29 JanDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as board member OCEAN Design Research Association
- 29 JanNext Generation Building special issue: info-matter, edited by Dr. Nimish Biloria and Matias Del Campo is out now.
- 27 JanFinal Review MSc1 Design Studio: EXPO 2025 (World Expo Rotterdam 2025)
- 26 JanHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish paper on Structural Optimization for Materially Informed D2RP
- 15 JanJoint PhD student Tiantian Du joins Hyperbody
- 12 Jan Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi discuss how robotic processes improve the built environment in Delta interview
- 04 JanFibrous Smart Material Topologies initiated by Dr. Nimish Biloria has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with TU Eindhoven, U Twente and EURECAT
- 26 NovHyperbody MSc2 studios "Design To Robotic Production" and "Inter-Activating Environments" prototypes at exhibition "Synthetic 2015"
- 24 NovProf. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at Dubai Chamber of Commerce on 24th of November at 13:30. The lecture is entitled: "Unchaining The Building Industry"
- 12 NovSocialGlass is among the selected projects to be presented at 'De Veranderende Stad' Exhibition in Amsterdam
Jia-Rey Chang published a paper "From Interactive to Intra-active Body: New Organic Digital Architecture" in the New Architecture Journal, NO.5: "Digital Techniques and Architectural Evolution"
Founded in 1983, NEW ARCHITECTURE（NA）is an academic publication （bimonthly）sponsored by Huazhong University of Science & Technology. It is the national architectural periodical not only for domestic readers but also for readers overseas. Known as the key periodical in the architectural circles in China, NA has won many times successively of the "Excellent Academic Periodical" in Hubei Province. NA has also won the first prize of the "Second Session National Excellent Periodical" and the prize of the "First Session National Periodical". Furthermore, it is honored as "Hubei Top Double- Ten Periodical". NA has already being an influential periodical in China's architectural circles.
NA is mainly to concentrate the new theories, new works, new technology and new methodology of the architecture, urban planning & environmental design in China and abroad, as well as the new experiment of architectural education reform. The key columns includes: Special Column, Architectural Works, Observation & Study, New Architectural Forum, Foreign Architecture, Architect's File, Architect's Life, New Observation and Architectural Review, etc. It hopes to expound academic thought and stimulate academic atmosphere in terms of different angle. The aim of NA is to be a "Panorama that can bring readers fresh academic air" by intellectual pursuit and creating spirit.
From Interactive to Intra-active Body: New Organic Digital Architecture
Abstract_ In the past few years, interactive architecture has paid attentions on developing interactive building's skins and facades. After Kas Oosterhuis proposed the concept of Hyperbody, the interactive architecture eventually shifted its focus from surface/skin towards intra-body. Based on this idea of architectural body, every technique of digital architecture would be combined into a new generation of organic architecture, which would develop as an organism with the synchronic progress of form, system and function. The "Hypercell" research is based on the intelligent monomer of Hyperbody which is organized by swarm behavior logic. The architecture could be shaped with the requirement of environment and users from self-organization and other developing process, so as to be organic architecture. This paper also proposes the promotion of interactive architecture into a living architecture with self-consciousness and behavior, in order to explore the communication, harmony and balance between intra-active space and human body in the next stage.